Monday 28 January 2013

Uni says jump - we say how high?


So I'm finally getting to the PPD tasks I'm supposed to do for college... (Professional and Personal Development)

I have already posted a SWOT analysis and still find it a pointless concept but it needs to be done in the name of Foundation Degrees...


So...
Strengths -        
  • I have picked up some more general skills on Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects... 
  • I have completed my script for my animation
  • My boyfriend has agreed to write the music for said animation
  • he has also agreed to write more if it is a success
Weaknesses - 
  • I still am not up to speed with my drawing skills - hopefully they will continue to improve so I can finish my animation in time...
  • I can't think of much more at this given time I shall return to this... Expect more...
Opportunities - 
  • I am working to get my animation done so that I can get more done regarding things unrelated to college and so on...
  • I've set up a vimeo account that hopefully will fill up with interesting things once I am not stressing about how behind I am in this animation...
Threats - 
  • Aforementioned drawing skills are pitiful at the minute - hopefully they will improve...
  • Lack of easy access to the internet - college's wifi is absolute poop and I can only use the internet at home at certain times when the internet wire is available to plug into my laptop (curfew being like 10 pm) - this comes from having a grandmother who dislikes the idea of wifi as it'll keep me up all night which is why I would want it so I could work through the night when I can't sleep so I don't have to worry about when my retarded body clock won't let me get up on a morning... sorry rant over...



Therefore using this SWOT analysis to act as a list of things I need to sort out...

I need to -:

  1. Hone my drawing skills again so I can actually draw something acceptable that doesn't resemble a drawing by a 6 year old on speed...
  2. Think of more to moan about for my weaknesses
  3. finish my animation so I can get other things done so I can have nice things to put in a show reel...
  4. Try to get everything internet involved done in the times I'm actually online... rather than forgetting bits...


Boring paperwork done - I will endeavour to upload imagery of my almost finished background set for my animation to make up for such a pitifully lack of pretty pictures...


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment