Tuesday 17 April 2012

Return from Germany - Pictoplasma

So Pictoplasma was great, it gave me a boat load of confidence - especially seeing the artists behind some really amazing work as human rather than some super-animating being I could never work toward myself.

I enjoyed the screenings of animations each morning, which made me sometimes wish I had thought them up, and everyone there doing talks seemed really friendly, open and encouraging. The artists in this years pictoplasma were inspiring and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those talented people in my class appeared at another conference in the future - something I would look forward to hee hee.

By the way:

If anyone who attended pictoplasma, picked up one of the felt monsters from Joshua Ben Longo's workshop that wasn't yours, made off with it and are reading this now - we are all very disappointed in you. Some of the people spent 3 days straight building these little felt monsters and during the after party, many of them disappeared, including several from my colleagues and even my own. My colleagues and I spent at least 4 hours sewing these characters, and returned on Sunday to retreive them... Only they were gone...

I am more annoyed about other peoples'; mine wasn't particularly my favorite thing in the world but my classmates were devastated. I would also be furious if I heard that the heavily pregnant woman, who was making a felt monster for her unborn child, didn't get hers in the end. Some people can be right troglodites!!

Anyway, life goes on, college stops for no tired student...

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment