Thursday 4 October 2012

Ghost girl design ideas

These are a few exerpts from my sketchbook regarding the design of my character for the up and coming project. I'm unsure of what to do regarding her dress sense, as it can be effective in many different ways. The opinions of my peers will be helpful in this situation.
I really want to make her wrap herself up in her hair, I'm going to look at Disney's 'Tangled' so I can get some hints as to how I can go about it. I have plans for her using her hair to strangle people unsuccessfully and in the end I have this idea that she makes friends with the little boy who can see her and they sit in a swing she's made from her hair between two trees.
 
Some more ideas here, she's in pants at the top right because I have an idea of furthering the story to a point where the little boy she meets shows her what it's like to be human and she ends up dressing differently and watching Ghostbusters for the irony.
 
Obviously the little boy she makes friends with is another character I'm going to have to design. Baby steps though, I'm happy with the top half of my ghosty girl, I just need to decide on how I'm going to draw the skirt of her dress.

This design might be a little too light and cartoony for the topic I'm on, this was picked up on for me by Laura. But I like it as something not necessarily related to the story.

And finally I wanted to draw her sad; it's going to be part of the story where she sits down, completely disheartned and lonely, before she meets the little boy. I felt it was an important part to illustrate even if the design isn't the one I go with.
 
 
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment