Wednesday 14 November 2012

New Module

This week has brought with it the beginning of a new module, Compositing. The project requires us to create an I-dent animation in our group. So far we have been working on developing our ideas and experimenting with the techniques. However, we need to look at other I-dent animation examples, which is the purpose of this post...



Our first idea was paint splashing against the logo of the TV channel in question. This Ident is quite relevant to this =) It's by IdentsandLogos.


This is one of channel 5's Idents for 2011; it is similar to the work we have been doing today as the example we've been working on is dropping cubes into an environment. Of course I have previous experience with that whole 'bundle of laughs' but now I'm having to re-learn the lot in the new edition of Cinema 4D R14 (!) 

E4 is the ident project my group and I are doing so this is very relevant. I like the 3D in this animation, it's very smooth and I think it might have been given a touch of after effects magic after looking at the electricity effect used. I like how much it plays down the fact it is 3D by making it look regular.

So now a quick update on what our plans are... We are thinking of animating a space man falling from space and crashing through the Earth and bursting out the other side... but the centre of hte Earth contains loads of different things that we have the opportunity of making as funny as we can. We're thinking of making it in a 3 part animation as we need to produce 3 animations as a group to hand in in December.

 
Our group found this music video amusing - our original idea - one we have tried out involved a robot costume made of cardboard boxes - the idea of having a mint background in cartoon and a poorly shot live action character composited in sounds very good and I think it'll be quite effective in the final piece.

This was the first idea we had - the one we have tried out in After Effects to use as development for our actual animation...

 
 


Any way I'll post more soon,

Cheers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment