Sunday 29 January 2012

NEW LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and life drawing

I now have a laptop to do work on =D It had better not duck up like the other TWO!!
Anyhow, last week we endured  4 days of solid life drawing. Our model very patiently posed for us as we practiced our naked man drawing skills that I shall upload a couple of photo's to demonstrate. We were given various tasks to fulfil, such as drawing with charcoal, alternating between charcoal and chalk, using charcoal attatched to 3ft long bamboo canes, using drawing ink and sticks, alternating between ink and white acrylic paint and so on. On the final day we were let loose to do as we pleased and the immaturity of a few of us shone through. All in all it was a very useful week, if you're ever finding it difficult to draw people, get yourself a legally, consensually naked participant and draw them in funny positions for a little while and your drawing skills will have replenished by the end of it.
Drawing with charcoal and white chalk on mid-tone paper

(and again) in this sketch the model looks slightly as if he's melting or is suffering from a sudden abundance of gravity...
 I ran out of space near his foot so drew it on the other side as though it was a game of snake or pac-man

Le Piece de Resistance... the maturity of it all...

I was considering the character I had been designing yesterday, wondering how I would draw them from the side - as we need to be able to draw them from all angles to create blueprints for a 3D model to rig and I remembered how I had drawn the model from the side and it informed my thoughts on how I would draw my character. More on the character later...
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment