Tuesday 31 January 2012

E4 Ident ideas

So, we got the brief for the live project yesterday and it's 'surprisingly' the E4 ident competition. Which is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to working through one of the ideas I came up with to enter. I'm not expecting to win or anything but the experience and such will be beneficial.

So my favorite idea is that of a load of cute characters fall from above, the camera pans up to reveal a tube shaped as the logo for E4. It has to be 10 seconds long so the variations of this idea may be slightly too long however, I do like the idea of putting these said charaters onto a conveyer belt with paintbrushes that paint some of the characters purple so they can fall off the end and land in respective areas to make the logo. My initial thoughts of the character were to the image I have as the background on my computer, like the above. This image is by Punga who will be speaking at Pictoplasma in Berlin, and it gave me inspiration for the character I want to fall and bounce from the sky.

My other ideas are also okay in my opinion; I was going to reference 'Jaws' in one where a rostrum had been set up with a flip book below, 'something' bulges out from under the pages like a shark popping up from under water, perhaps accompanied by a Jaws theme sting in the SFX that would add to the humor before the E4 logo RIPS out of the paper as a monster.
My third idea was a sea captain looking through a telescope, and the eye piece leaving the E4 logo as a mark on his eye.
My final idea before I stopped scribbling ideas out was where a character gets up close to the 'camera' and sneezes headbutting the 'camera' which leaves the E4 logo on the character's head. (Don't steal my ideas please x3)
Anyway
As for a final note, I have a few images of character designs that I want to upload.

I need to decide which kind of creature I want to use if I were to do this animation. I like 3, 4 and 5 if I'm honest but am having a tally as to what the audience would prefer.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment