Wednesday 6 March 2013

A trip to Seven Stories


It was our luck that Seven Stories in Byker was holding an event about getting your childrens picture book published tonight. We we're given tips for excellent texts, getting noticed, and how not to annoy publishers and got an insight into the world of Axel Scheffler - illustrator of the Gruffalo.


His sketch books were left out for us to look at and his work is so beautiful it's inspiring, the fact it was there right before our eyes gave it a more real feel, again like in Berlin giving the position Axel is in a more human appearance. Again I feel like it's possible to be so successful with the right balance of hard work and good fortune anything could happen. I'm really pleased I went to this event and now that I know what to expect I bet I will return for more.


And what's more I had two books signed by the man himself!! I was thinking of perhaps giving them as prizes to the children best behaved or hardest working in my classes but I think I might just keep them myself.













No comments:

Post a Comment